Sunday, January 6, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday-The Houseplant Edition

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


Deep in winter, my garden covered in three feet of snow, I bring you GTS-The Houseplant Edition...

Normally, on a warmish sunday I would be out on the slopes, but thanks to my friend Tim, I am nursing day 4 of a hideous cold. So, instead, today I decided to re-pot and propagate some of my houseplants that were in desperate need of some TLC.

STRAWBERRY BEGONIA- aka: Saxifraga stolonifera

I started this plant from some offshoots of my mom's plant, it has grown like mad so I have repotted it and started some new babies. Super easy to do, this plant is almost idiot proof.







BURRO'S TAIL- aka: Sedum morganianum

This plant started off as part of a threesome that I posted about earlier here...unfortunately, the other 2 plants died so I decided to move this one into its own little pot and actually give it some sun...who would have thought a sedum liked sunlight???




And finally:

STRING OF BEADS- aka: Senecio rowleyanus

I purchased this plant online from eBay. It does really well, unless of course you don't water it for a while and then the little beads shrivel up and fall off....yeah.
I also made 2 smaller plants from this hoping to save at least a piece of it. I am not sure if this will make a comeback or not, but the beads have shrunk pretty badly.




So, that is al for now, if anything else exciting happens inside, I will let you know!

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

My cats eat my plants. I don't have ANY anymore. :(

Anonymous said...

I love the Burros tail. I can't seem to grow anything other than bamboo. Thanks for sharing. Your plants are lovely.