Sunday, October 21, 2007

Too Hot!

Normally, I would not complain about the weather...but honestly, it is too hot! It is October. My flowers are still blooming for the most part, the one frost we had the other night did nothing to kill off most anything.

My thistles have new growth and so do some of my annuals. Nothing has died except what I have pulled out of the ground. And now it is too hot to even bother pulling anythig up.

Hello?!?! Mother Nature! I have OTHER THINGS I need to be doing other than gardening right now. I have a bench to paint, table legs to paint sweaters to knit soups to make cocoa to drink....mountain's to snowboard...ice to skate on...

My boyfriend is out in Vermont hunting moose. But it is even too hot for the moose to move around. Rumor has it that the rut has not even started. Crazy! The boys have yet to see a moose. I am worried that he will come back here empty handed...that will make for a very, VERY long winter around here....

Even October baseball seems strange...Red Sox fans in t-shirts and shorts in Boston...in OCTOBER....Mike Lowell's sweat puring off of his face when he is at
bat...

Please, please, we need some cold weather. Really. We do.

1 comments:

Christine said...

I was one of those people walking around Boston/Cambridge in shorts today and LOVING IT!!! We attended the Head of the Charles Regatta and you couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! We have to enjoy this weather because I'm sure it is the last of it until spring (although, they say it is going to be 80 degrees tomorrow!)...I'm off to Orlando where it is almost in the 90's! Ciao!