Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Gooch

Last weekend, Duane and I went up to Island Falls Maine to our friends camp out on Lake Mattawamkeag Lake on their island called Cold Duck Island. It was about a 6 hour drive from where we live up to Island Falls which is about 30 minutes from the Canadian Border on the far eastern edge of Maine. Not much up there but woods, moose, eagles and a few Amish.

Their camp was really pretty neat, I call it almost like camping at the Marriot..only a bit draftier. They had a gas generator which powered the one light bulb we needed, a gas stove, gas refrigerator and gas lanterns. They also had a "biolet" and then an outhouse in case you did not want everyone to hear what you were doing in the little bathroom...

But, to get to the point of the story...the best part for me was the day that our friends decided to head up to the Amish farm to ask the folks their about the Jack Russell Terrier they had seen last year when they visited looking at the furniture...yeah, they wanted to know where they got it...can you SEE where this is going? Well, we pull up to the farm, and lo and behold! There are PUPPIES running around! Cute, little bitty Jack Russell American Eskimo mixes. And they are ready to be taken home! Our friends bought the cutest little puppy! From the Amish family.

And here he is: Little Gooch





Now, I hear you saying "How cool, they named the dog after you!" Well, the funny thing was..they did not know my last name, because they were friends of Duane's and we had never really talked about it...I guess our friends cousin had a dog named Gooch when he was younger and he always wanted a dog named Gooch!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtoooooocute!

Beverly said...

Hello, I have been reading blogs, starting with the ones I read all the time and somehow found yours. What really caught my eye was the word, or name, GOOCH. You see that was my mother's maiden name. Really!!! not too many people by that name. In fact, I found a girl I work with was my cousin. She had written her maiden name, Gooch, on her lunch bag. So, I am from Tennessee. It is very nice to find you and I will check back and follow your blog.

Christine said...

Little Gooch is soooooo cute!!! I'm surprised you didn't come home with one!

Christine said...

Beverly, I wonder if we are somehow related. My brother David Gooch is working on our family tree and I thought at one point he had met some people from Tennessee...hmmmm...I'll have to check back with him (I'm a Gooch, too (my maiden name); Jess is my niece. My dad was from England.

verobirdie said...

Welcome to little Gooch in your friend's family.
It would be fun if you were related to Beverly.
I use to shop at patchwork shop, and the lady there once told me that she never forgets my name, nor mispells it, which is usually the case. And she wanted to explain why: when she was a little girl, she was living in the North of France, in a little town named Aubenton (exactly at the other end of France compared to Aix en Provence where the shop is), and her first teacher's name was Marouzé, just like mine. When I told her ther teacher was my mother, she almost cried. It is funny to meet someone so far away, who is somehow related to your past. Unfortunately, my mother was no longer here to meet her former pupil.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dog and a great story. Sara from farmingfriends

kala said...

ive been lookin for someone that has the smame puppy as me and i found u!! i have a jack russle/spitz mix an its a little girl named chiara(keada)means white in italian shes @ 3MO. just wanted to ask few ?'s
email me and ill send u a picture!!!!
kala.walters@comcast.net