Sunday, June 10, 2007

Nature...

A few quick pics from our weekend camping trip to Lake Umbagog...
We spent 4 days out on a remote campsite on an island.

It was a typical camping trip...

More stories to follow, too tired now.

The dragonflys were just starting to hatch and would let you hold them on your fingers...they had yet to eat all the mosquitoes in town.



I believe this is a "Common Basket tail" dragonfly.

Going to have to find my New England Field Guide for this identification, but it is very pretty...



It is a "Polyphemus Moth" of the giant silkworm family.

And yes...I did get up and out of bed to catch these stunners:





And yes, I went right back into the tent after I got the shots...

1 comments:

Mark said...

I have a soft spot or dragonflies but i also love the moth, the detail is great.

Cheers Mark