Saturday, March 1, 2008

Mini-Trip to Stowe, VT

Duane and I spent an abbreviated(that is another story altogether) pre-weekend up in Stowe, VT which is about a 2.75 hour drive from here, IF the navigator can read a map properly. Funny...I went to school for geography, I make maps for a living and I still cannot for the life of me read a map properly, so, it ended up taking us about 3.75 hours. Whatever. We got to see lots and lots (and lots) of snow covered roofs.

Since the last time we were in Stowe, I have been raving about this little chocolate shop called "Laughing Moon Chocolates". If you go, you have GOT to try their signature bar of Dark Chocolate, Chipotle and Cinnamon. Yummmy!!!!



We got to spend some time driving around town and taking pictures here and their. We stopped and saw some of the big horses that the fancy schmany place in town owns and takes people out for horse drawn sleigh rides (how romantic)




and we also stopped into their little shopping center in town which gave me some great ideas for the bottle gourds I have drying (molding, rotting) in my garage...



We did spend friday skiing and snowboarding at Stowe. It is so fun to ski at a big mountain, well, bigger than Gunstock that is...




although, some would call us dedicated:



Yes, you are ready that temperature correctly.



If you are interested in the effects I used for this series, again, they were Kevin Kubota actions, Chocolate 2 and Magic Sharp.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Ah, yes....the navigationally challenged Gooch women : ) It definitely runs in the family -- ASK RICHARD!!!!! LOL Can't believe you guys were skiing in that FRIGID weather! You either are dedicated, or well....I won't go there : ) LOL Just think....almost 6 days until Florida and hopefully 80 degree weather!

BetteJo said...

I do like the pics - especially the one with the gourds - very striking!


.. and Florida? I am SO jealous!

Drew said...

I love chocolate with spice. One of my favorite bars was one that had garam masala in it. The best of all worlds.