Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Things not to do to your camera...

When you see that there is some dust and spots in your field of vision while taking pictures with your Canon Rebel XT....

DO NOT go poking around inside with a q-tip wrapped in lens tissue.

If, when you are purchasing your slightly expensive camera, the guy selling it to you tries to sell you that "idiot plan" just do it.

I sure am glad I bought that "idiot plan" because it covers things like, a SCRATCHED SENSOR....

Realizing I had scratched the sensor with the q-tip was about as bad as the time I reformatted my memory card when I was in Australia and lost almost 2000 images....

So, if you are wondering where I have gone and why there are no new images up lately...it is because my camera is at the surgeon's office, getting a new sensor.

3 comments:

richard mcgarry said...

bozo :)

there is a place in arlington ma that cleans camera ccds or buy a ccd cleaning kit very expensive but less than a new sensor!

Jessica said...

So, with gas at $3 a gallon, I don't see me driving all the way to Arlington when I have a 4 year "idiot plan" warranty :)

Either way, it is getting fixed, and at least it will be clean!

BetteJo said...

I'm pretty sure I never knew you could damage a sensor - or much of anything with a q-tip!