Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lets talk garden...

Soooooo....I pulled up a bunch of plants today.
There was a few, green leaves and straggler yellow flowers on my cukes...
But I pulled them up anyway.

Then, I thought I would take a look at my acorn squash. As I started pulling up the vines that are all over the lawn, I noticed that the acorn squash had these weird, jelly-like nodules on them, there was also some small bite marks too. Not sure what that is or means, except that I won't be eating any acorn squash this fall...



My tomato plants have seen better days. Is it possible for cherry tomatoes to be on the vine too long and get sour? Because that sure is what my cherry tomatoes tasted like! Yuck. If I can find a horned worm, I will take pictures for you...they are starting to take over... I am thinking one more harvest on tomatoes to make into sauce and that will be the end of them.



Here is the lovely critter:



I don't have the heart to pull up the eggplants yet, even though the ones on the plants are lavender and have holes in them.

I Have another harvest of beans too. My squash plants look like they might get pulled soon.

But...the little bottle gourds and the birdhouse gourd(s) are doing ok. Plus, I don't want to pull those up until the last frost.



So...that is all the news for now. I am thinking that every day I need to go out and rip up more plants. By the time I am finished, it should have frosted around here...

0 comments: