Sunday, July 8, 2007

Of Newts and Fruits



Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join


This little guy was hanging around my mom's little garden today...



He is an Eastern Spotted Newt (Notophthalmus viridescens).


I think I know what I am going to be doing sometime this week....looks like these tomato plants are totally out of control and will need some pruning...



I have never pruned my tomato plants and I am not quite sure what to do...if anyone has any advice...me and my tomatoes would appreciate it! My eggplant in front of them are doing great!!!! I can't wait for some Ratatouille!

4 comments:

Andree said...

Hi Jess! You do take lovely photos, but that newt! So outstanding. In the large photo, his little eyes look so kind and his tiny spots are so cute. As are his feet. I can see why these are in cartoons and stuff. I need to find one in order to take a photo. We went to the woods today but it was so wet and swampy; but we'll try again another day.

Aiyana said...

The newt is cute! I've never seen one before. We only have grey lizards here.

Mark said...

Hi Jessica,
That newt is a cracking shot, i have never seen one like it before,thats the good thing about this blogging, you get to see things from all over the world.
With tomatoes i just pinch out the top when they have reached a certain height and the have enough trusses on them, also pinch out any extra side shoots,as you only want the branch with the flowers on.
How you doing with the deer, is your other half still weeing around the boundry...if he is how are the mosquitos doing...Lol

Cheers mark

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

The newt is so cute!!!!!!!!! Sorry about the hail, it can be so damaging.